A pioneer of socially responsible and impact investing since 1986, our team serves investors across the US from our Seattle and Duluth offices.
Services | Portfolio Management ($250k minimum) & Financial Planning/Consulting (hourly)
Locations | Washington state and Minnesota – serving investors nationwide
Phone | 206-782-1205
Visit the Seattle office (by appointment) | Directions and info
You’re probably here because you would like to consider mission-aligned and impact investment strategies. With decades of experience, our office provides high-touch service to individuals, organizations, and families, many of whom we have served since the 1980s and 1990s.
Individuals, organizations, and families…
- Appreciate working with our professional advisors who provide competent financial guidance, perspective, and portfolio management.
- Have access to solutions that invest up to 100% of assets towards furthering people and planet friendly priorities.
- Save time by delegating the coordination and oversight of financial services including money management, portfolios of mutual funds, high impact private debt and equity funds, proxy voting, shareholder advocacy, donor advised funds, pooled community investments, and financial independence or retirement planning.
- Enjoy working with our staff and colleagues that take an active serious role in the socially responsible investment movement through advocacy, collaboration, and policy work.
Together, we and our clients are participating in the evolution and growth of a true global movement. The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment reports that $8.7 trillion is invested using one or more of the strategies in the United States. This represents one out of every five dollars under professional money management in the US and a 33% increase in assets since 2014.
A world where businesses are accountable and serve people and planet. A world where the economy serves all stakeholders—workers, citizens, owners, all living things and a planet to sustain them.
We serve individuals, families, and organizations whom want their money better aligned with how they want to see the world. We do this by using prudent socially responsible strategies focused on investment in funds, companies, and municipalities. We favor investments that are better managing their environmental sustainability, labor and supply chain practices, corporate governance, and are open to improving their policies and practices in those areas via dialog with shareholders and other stakeholders.
We live in a world where some people inadvertently allow their money and investments to work in the economy at random, almost as if it doesn’t matter. But it does. Local and global economies require money and responsible investment.
Investing and ownership come with responsibility, including active engagement. Where we invest and how we invest matters. A great deal. We can now invest with intention, on purpose, to repair the old and build the next economy.
We do not give in to negative propaganda telling us it cannot be done. It can be done. Be not afraid, be empowered. Join forces with others who are investing to strengthen the movement and evolve these strategies.
Employ proven strategies including integrating socially responsible investment performance factors, ESG criteria, and shareholder engagement to push companies to do better. Much better.
- Live and act according to deeply held values
- Remember the natural world and learn from it
- Recognize interconnectedness, interdependence, and social responsibility
- Support a peaceful fair economy that values and respects all people and ecological practices
- Support human rights through tolerance, diversity, and community
- Protect and participate in political and economic democracy
- Invest with intention, on purpose. Not like everyone else.
Financial and ESG (socially responsible) performance strategies
In-depth investment strategies move environmental, social, and governance (ESG) priorities forward while delivering competitive financial results.
Independent studies demonstrate that socially responsible investment strategies can perform competitively. Peer-reviewed published studies have been awarded the prestigious Moskowitz Prize. US SIF (The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment) cites a 2015 meta-study conducted by Oxford University and Arabesque Partners, which categorized more than 200 sources, including academic studies, industry reports, newspaper articles and books “From the Stockholder to the Stakeholder: How Sustainability Can Drive Financial Outperformance“. According to their findings, “88 percent of reviewed sources find that companies with robust sustainability practices demonstrated better operational performance which ultimately translates into cash flows.” And “80 percent of the reviewed studies demonstrate that prudent sustainability practices have a positive influence on investment performance.”
Of the dozens of socially responsible investment indexes, the longest-running SRI index, the MSCI KLD 400 which started in 1990, has performed competitively over most multi-year periods.