Invest in Black Economic Liberation
The 2020 protests against police brutality towards Black Americans highlight both the institutional racism of the criminal justice system and the economic disparities facing people of color in this country. Where do we go from here?
To support and build Black economic power, financial capital must be channeled to community development organizations and enterprises operated by and for the benefit of Black individuals, families, businesses, and communities. Natural Investments hosted a virtual community event on how to “Invest in Black Economic Liberation”.
In addition to our guest speakers from Self-Help Credit Union and Better Banking Options, we cultivated a list of guides, tools, and capital resources shared by attendees. Whether you have limited financial resources or are a multi-millionaire, you can activate your money life to support Black economic liberation.
- Aligned Giving
- Higher Purpose Co.
- Highlander Research and Education Center
- Social Justice Community Foundations
- The Bail Project
- Better Banking Options – Bank Black
- Hope Credit Union
- One United Bank
- Self-Help Federal Credit Union
- Community Development/Private Debt
- Mutual Funds
- Candide Group Guide for Supporting Black Lives
- Movement for Black Lives
- East Bay Community Foundation’s ASCEND BLO
- Coming to the Table
- Urban Land Conservancy
- Rich and Resilient Living
- The Next Egg
- Brian K. Rice
- Resources for Accountability and Actions for Black Lives
- Seeing White
- Next Street
- Racial Justice Investing
- RISE Racial Justice Company Exclusion List
- White Supremacy is the Pre-existing Condition
- Investigate – AFSC
- Movement Generation
- Fair Economy
- Solidarity Economy
- People’s Hub
- Reparations for Slavery
- Showing Up for Racial Justice
- Catalyst Project
- Resource Generation
- Solidaire Network
- New Economy Coalition
This material is for educational purposes only and is not intended to contain recommendations or solicit sales of any specific investment. No client or prospective client should assume that any information presented and/or made available on this website serves as the receipt of, or a substitute for, personalized individual advice from the advisor or any other investment professional.